Friday, July 04, 2008

 

My son can beat your son...

Awhile back, I mentioned that Villari's Martial Arts is garbage and put up a personal challenge that any member of my family can beat anyone who studies this style of martial arts. There are still no takers...



While it is universally true that Villari's is garbage, the real question is what is the best style. I figured I would comment from several perspectives. First, my oldest son is learning Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, my wife knows Eagle's Claw and I am into Tai Chi and Chin Na (I have also done TKD in the past) there is no particular favoritism.

You may notice that I didn't mention Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu. Grappling is effective but only against single attackers. If my son's grow up with even once ounce of my thought patterns then it is vital that they understand other styles.

Gracey Jiu-Jitsu starts with the philosophy that 95% of all fights end up on the ground and therefore grappling is important. Another perspective says that 100% of the fights start standing.

The biggest challenge to date that my son will face is when he meets his cousin in Trinidad who is about 30 pounds heavier but only four months older. He has trained in Capoiera and another form of Jiu-Jitsu.

Anyway, if you think your six year old is tough, bring it your money...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?