Saturday, October 13, 2007

 

More thoughts on IT and Business Alignment

Dave Oliver left an interesting comment in response to a blog on thoughts on business and IT alignment that is worthy of amplification...



You are spot on. For an enterprise to be successful in a modern enterprise, you need both and they need to be in balance where one isn't any more important than another.

Sadly, common sense is uncommon. I wonder how many folks thinking about enterprise architecture and innovation realize that they need to eliminate linear thinking in order to survive?

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

    For my mind the company that's mission statement is 'We're Good With Human Beings' is the one what will write the next killer application and the one I will buy as much stock as I can in!
If, and only if you focus on the human aspects will your enterprise architecture and business strategy be sustainable. Otherwise, formalism will result in decay.






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?