Saturday, September 15, 2012

 

A deeper look into why people quit their employer?

It has occurred to me that some people are full of shit. They bitch and complain about the lack of opportunity their employer affords them but never seem to reflect on the fact that they weren't savage in the pursuit of better opportunities...

Stop waiting to be spoonfed opportunities to grow. If your job if filled with unsatisfying administrivia, then you seriously need to ask yourself why haven't you developed push-back skills. Do you know that it is extremely possibly and even in many situations easy to just say "no"?

Yes, it is true that your leadershipmanagement has the duty to find opportunities to leverage the strengths of the people reporting to them, but reality states that they may be either too busy doing administrivia themselves or simply consumed by trying to survive themselves.

Don't get it twisted when it comes to outsourcing and the additional burden it places on you, especially when you have outsourced your own career path to someone else. As for me, my boss and others around me know that I aspire to be a "fellow" and that I want assignments that lead me towards this goal. When it comes to me, there is no mystery...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?