Saturday, December 24, 2011
What exactly is a consultant?
* You work very odd hours.
* You are paid a lot of money to keep your client happy.
* You are paid well but your pimp gets most of the money.
* You spend a majority of your time in a hotel room.
* You charge by the hour but your time can be extended for the right price.
* You are not proud of what you do.
* Creating fantasies for your clients is rewarded.
* It's difficult to have a family.
* You have no job satisfaction.
* If a client beats you up, you get sent to another client.
* You are embarrassed to tell people what you do for a living (people ask you what you do and you can't explain it)
* Your family hardly recognizes you at reunions (at least the reunions you attend).
* Your friends have distanced themselves from you and you're left hanging with only other professionals.
* Your client pays for your hotel room plus your hourly rate.
* Your client always wants to know how much you charge and what they get for the money.
* When you leave to go see a client, you look great, but return looking like hell (compare your appearance on Monday A.M. to Friday P.M.).
* You are rated on your performance in an excruciating ordeal.
* Even though you get paid the big bucks, it's the client who walks away smiling.
* The client always thinks your cut of your billing rate is higher than it actually is, and in turn, expects miracles from you.
* Everyday you wake up and tell yourself you're not going to be doing this stuff for the rest of your life.
Can anyone guess what profession I am describing?
Links to this post: