Monday, June 29, 2009

 

Would you hire this candidate?

Below is a transcript from a fictitious interview. I would love to know if you would hire this person and reasons behind your decision...

HR: What's your favorite programming language?
CANDIDATE: You mean the one I'm the best with?
HR: Not necessarily, let's say you have a personal project at home.. which language would you chose?
CANDIDATE: Why would I want to work at home?
HR: You never code at home?
CANDIDATE: No, why?
HR: Have you ever worked with the cogwipCookieManager class, if so, what do you think of it?
CANDIDATE: I've used it before, it works pretty well.
HR: What are the benefits/reasons for normalizing the database used by an application?
CANDIDATE: Performance. The application will run faster against a normalized database.
HR: In what situations should denormalizing the database be considered?
CANDIDATE: When you need more performance, the application will perform better against a denormalized database.
HR: Do you know ActiveX?
CANDIDATE: Yes I do.
HR: Do you know ActiveZ?
CANDIDATE: Yes I do.






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?