Saturday, June 20, 2009
Enterprise Architecture: So exactly what is a Tech Lead?
If you are in this role and want to live up to your title, then you need the following skills:
- Accountable - The buck stops here, someone who can shoulder the responsibility without pointing fingers at others.
- Adaptable - Life changes fast, if can't change with the times, you'll be left behind.
- Approachable - their team can ask them questions and talk to them.
- Attentive - they actually listen to their team and understand them.
- Aware - they're aware of what is going on around them instead of sticking their head in the sand.
- Can type - No hen peck typists need apply in this industry.
- Charismatic - People have got to want to listen to you.
- Communicative - You've got to want to communicate with your team.
- Competent - You've gotta know your stuff.
- Confident - If you're not confident in yourself, how is anyone else going to be?
- Decisive - can make decisions themselves and be accountable for them.
- Driven - You've gotta see the goal and go right after it.
- Focused - You've gotta have the staying power to keep going and reach the goal.
- Inspirational - this is the most important one for me! If you can't inspire people, what are you doing?
- Meticulous - The truth is in the details.
- Nurturing - The test of a good teacher is when their students surpass them.
- Resourceful - You've gotta be able to find the answers to the things you don't know.
- Technically minded - In this industry at least.
- Understanding - If your team don't think you understand them, they won't bother trying to understand you.
Links to this post: