Friday, March 13, 2009

 

When is perception management a two-way street?

Last night I was reflecting on my own life and career aspirations and started to wonder how many folks have ever spent time managing what I think of them?



Is it a bad thing that I don't know the answer to this question? Is it bad that I don't tend to form early negative opinions of others? If I have negative opinions on others it is most usually built up over time and not something that I would even think about or share with others prematurely.

I wonder how well others understand that the best way to manage my perception is to be more human and not just blindly follow an agenda? I tend to take pause whenever I hear of random acts of kindness and charity over the usual hallway conversations. I am privileged to work with many talented and human IT security and enterprise architecture professionals in my day job and wonder if they know that any perception management thinking thrown at me has been positively received...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?