Sunday, March 29, 2009

 

Five Questions for Laurence Hart

Chris Swan left an interesting comment in my blog regarding why he blogs. We all have a common interest in expanding the conversation and I figured I would ask some questions of Laurence Hart that have been in the back of my mind...



1. As you are aware, I am primarily security focused and don't spend a lot of time in the world of ECM. As an outsider looking in, it feels to me that the ECM crowd and how they think of SOA is somewhat fragile, an almost one size fits none. Whether it is DFS, Nuxeo or Stellent, it feels like pretty much everyone has to do something extra with so-called ECM SOA before it is truly usable in an enterprise context. Why aren't vendors creating real services that are usable without customization/additional development?

2. Curious to know what languages you program in? Additionally, should ECM professionals at large know how to program?

3. If you had to choose one and only one industry analyst that covers ECM that I should follow, whom would it be?

4. What is the big deal with content management? At last count there are more open source content management systems than J2EE, CRM, SOA, ERP, BRMS and IDM platforms combined! If they are so easy to write, then why is anyone even bothering to pay lots of money for them?

5. On my side of town, I am the chapter leader of OWASP Hartford as well as Agile Hartford. If I wanted to start an ECM user group that is also 100% free to attend, what would be the best way to find others like you within the Northeast to participate? Whom should I solicit as the first guest speaker?






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?