Sunday, February 22, 2009

 

I have been invited to join another advisory board and am annoyed...

I am flattered when some vendor invites me to serve on their advisory board when it is under the guise of helping them make a better product. Likewise, I am disgusted when they attempt to use the notion of an advisory board role as a sales tactic...



I have a genuine interest in helping others build hiqh-quality valuable working software that benefits humanity. I don't have an interest in either being baited via this channel and leveraged to penetrate my own employer nor to be leveraged as a cheap lead generation mechanism so that you can annoy my industry peers.

Going forward, any vendor that attempts to use this tactic will be called out publicly in my blog...







<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?