Sunday, February 22, 2009

 

I have been invited to join another advisory board and am annoyed...

I am flattered when some vendor invites me to serve on their advisory board when it is under the guise of helping them make a better product. Likewise, I am disgusted when they attempt to use the notion of an advisory board role as a sales tactic...



I have a genuine interest in helping others build hiqh-quality valuable working software that benefits humanity. I don't have an interest in either being baited via this channel and leveraged to penetrate my own employer nor to be leveraged as a cheap lead generation mechanism so that you can annoy my industry peers.

Going forward, any vendor that attempts to use this tactic will be called out publicly in my blog...





Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?