Tuesday, January 20, 2009

 

Random Thoughts for 2009-01-20



  • How come Microsoft and Oracle catch a vast majority of the scrutiny when it comes to open source and their lack of participation? I wonder why EMC is spared? I wonder when bloggers will redirect their efforts to make more things open within the various EMC divisions? What would happen if EMC made portions of Documentum open?

  • The pendulum of focus on heavyweight process is starting to swing back to common sense practices of the 90s when IT was at its prime. Companies will be expending less effort on CMMi & ITIL and instead will focus on security and other system qualities.

  • I am curious as to why my two nephews Nicholas James and Ian haven't yet joined facebook? They are computer literate having transitioned from living in Biche to Slough. Maybe they don't want me to know what they are up to?

  • I find it somewhat dumb in that major retailers increased the prices on TVs after the Christmas holidays. You would think with the impeding digital switchover, they would attempt to make additional sales.







  • << Home
    | | View blog reactions


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?