Saturday, January 10, 2009
Random Thoughts for 2009-01-10
I have committed to doing a presentation in April to the Hartford Ruby users group on security. I sure hope that I am not asked to explain why Ruby isn't enterprise ready.
- A coworker of mines will be returning back to India and has agreed to help me with some charitable work. I will be sponsoring lunch for a couple of orphanages in the Bangalore area. Be on the lookout for upcoming blog entries to contain photos of kids in India with a finely dressed horned animal in the background holding the OWASP logo
- I have been spending some time on facebook lately. It is fascinating to connect up with folks from high school that you haven't seen in twenty years. Some of my female classmates have aged really well. I wonder if I knew back then what they would look like now, how my actions would have changed.
- Only a couple more days before there is no more Bushitler and his republican form of leadershit. I wonder what my last blog entry will be for my Stop the Bushitler blog.
- It's 2009 and the economy is on the decline. Ever wonder why analysts haven't commented on how enterprise customers are scaling back their spend in terms of analyst research or more importantly how analysts can remain relevant in a declining economy.
- One of my new years resolutions is to re-double my efforts in creating my own foreign policy. For me, this translates into increased microfinance loans on Kiva.
- Speaking at conferences will be especially challenging this year in that I am on my own for figuring out how to get to places. This of course means that I can speak at lots of events in Boston or New York but otherwise would be dependent on the conferences themselves covering travel expenses.
- Anyone else ever wonder why OpenID isn't being used in enterprise settings?
- Now that the airlines have cut rates, I hope to travel to St. Croix this year to visit family. Of course, I will be visiting Trinidad as well. If oil drops even further, I may visit some of the other islands in the Caribbean
- I wonder how many folks who are CISSP holders are even aware of OWASP as an organization?
- I have been hearing some good things regarding Cognizant and there strategy around secure coding. They feel like they have a better handle on meeting the customer need in this regard when compared to Satyam, Wipro or Infosys.
Links to this post: