Tuesday, November 11, 2008

 

Thoughts on IBM and Accenture

One of the challenges of running a user group such as OWASP where getting the word out takes a lot of time. Getting the word out to companies such as Cognizant and Oracle have been very easy while the same thing for IBM and Accenture have been more painful.



At some level, some companies have siloed thinking while others don't. Some believe that networking is based solely on personal relationships while others believe it is based on helping out others within your enterprise regardless of personal relationship.

A couple of weeks ago, I was pinged regarding a seminar on data warehousing that looks pretty good. My day job has absolutely nothing to do with this topic nor do I even know 3rd of the folks in my own company that have this as their day job, but in the best interest of them, I forwarded the invite and figured that they would decide.

I guess I feel that I shouldn't moderate/censor what others get to participate and the best method is to be open in all of my interactions. I have observed this same thinking within Oracle, Sun, Microsoft, Wipro, Cognizant, McKinsey and other Fortune enterprises on my side of town. I would love to gain insights as to why IBM and Accenture think differently in this regard...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?