Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 

Sometimes I forget to be human...

The blogosphere is filled with discussions around security, ECM, knowledge management and even how to make process even heavier, but missing from the conversation is how each of us can make the planet a better place to live...



In 2007, I was savage in the pursuit of charity and encouraging others to contribute to meaningful causes. I have blogged less on this topic in 2008, not because I don't feel it is important but more importantly, I feel there are other aspects of my persona that need addressing.

Starting today, I will be embarking on 1000 acts of kindness. 2.5 acts of kindness a day equals 1000 acts in 12 months. Somewhat of a simple goal if you really think deeply about it. More importantly, I must inspire my co-workers and other communities which I participate in to also engage in the acts of kindness program.

Another goal that I will immediately address is to right one wrong that I have done in my life. The wrong I have chosen to right is to volunteer my time to making the IT systems for my town secure. In high school, I was known for helping out students stay eligible for sports by modifying their grades (slightly). My final act of improving myself is to mark time off on my calendar for empathy training. This will be the absolute hardest challenge for me as my coworkers will most certainly attempt to step on my calendar. Anyway, I have chosen as a goal for empathy training, one day blind, one day mute and one day in a wheelchair.

I hope I get the support of my friends, family, coworkers and bloggers in helping me make myself a better person. Pray, fast and be charitable...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?