Sunday, December 16, 2007

 

How come conference attendees aren't more appreciative?

I spent the last several hours putting together my Powerpoint presentation for an upcoming conference in India when my kids reminded me that spending time with them is more important.

Conference attendees spend lots of money to attend conferences but none of this goes to the folks who give presentations. We spend time sharing our knowledge with others traveling thousands of miles yet rarely receive positive public feedback that our efforts are acknowledged.

What would it take for conference attendees to acknowledge the hard work put in by the speakers? Please note that I am not looking for acknowledgment of my contribution but most certainly would love to see my industry peers who make the effort get more appreciation for their efforts...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?