Friday, November 02, 2007

 

Why Enterprise Architects may not be contributing to Open Standards...

Lately, even I have been somewhat annoyed by other participants in the various communities attempting to create useful standards...



When I joined the OpenID list in hopes of contributing insight on how OpenID may be used in large enterprise B2B settings, I immediately received at least one dozen offlist replies wanting to know more about the problem space so as to them wanting to sell me a solution.

Likewise, whenever I post to the secure coding mailing list, consulting firms and software vendors come out of the woodwork. The same exact behavior is exhibited on LinkedIn.

I wonder if folks understand that they are doing themselves and the community at large a disservice by practicing these thinly veiled tactics?






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?