Thursday, November 15, 2007

 

Enterprise Architecture: Why People no longer matter!

Robert McIlree stated in his blog that process generally wins out over people, and the main reason is that processes (good, bad, or indifferent) outlast people. Nothing could be further from the truth...



In order to have a dialog, I have to first acknowledge what aspects of his posting I agree with. First, I agree that bad processes outlast people, especially many of the ones that are discussed in the blogosphere. CMMi will unfortunately outlast most of us.

One example that he didn't acknowledge is that everytime there is a reorganization in corporate America where the organization chart fundamentally shifts, it is also accompanied with changes in process, so to say that processes always outlast people wouldn't be quite accurate.

In terms of reality, I can say that I have also encouraged processes on others and may be part of the problem. The key thing though is that I do acknowledge that the ones I tend to evangelize don't have lighter-weight alternatives. I wonder if Robert can say the same? Anyway, if you agree with Robert, then I encourage you to add him to your blogroll. If you don't agree then respond to his blog and this one via trackback and let the dialog begin...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?