Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Bangalore: Thoughts on Tamil Movies

I normally watch Hindi movies as I am big fan of Shahrukh Khan. Having been married for ten years, I remember watching Indian movies on my Honeymoon in Trinidad. Some of my favorites are: 1942 Love Story, Lagaan, Major Saab and Biwi No 1.

My mother-in-law used to sing Hindi songs long distance to my two sons, but since she passed away, they haven't heard these sweet melodies. I called my sister-in-law today, inquiring if anyone in Trinidad speaks other than Hindi and she could think of anyone.

In my travels, it has been a long time since I have had interactions with folks who speak Hindi as it seems as if Tamil is the official language of outsourcing. To date, all of the movies I have seen that were Tamil was crapdidn't suite my tastes.

Over the long weekend, a good friend of mines (Hi Saran) gave me two movies in hopes of changing my opinion (he was successful but I can't tell him that). They were Anniyan and Kaaka Kaaka. Would be curious to hear from others, what other Tamil movies this ignorant American should be watching?






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?