Wednesday, September 12, 2007
ECM and Records Management
Not being indoctrinated into the world of ECM, I had zero clue as to what records management meant but committed to figure it out. The funny thing is that I was ranting about something I actually have ran across in my travels. I am familar with the acronym known as IDARS stands for Integrated Document Archive and Retrieval Systems which I am of the belief is part of records management. If so, let the conversation begin.
- Should all platforms in the ECM domain have built-in support for imaging?
- How should web sites that want to retrieve documents for display interact with IDARS?
- Should ECM platforms such as Documentum, Alfresco, Nuxeo and others support the ability to hijack and convert printstreams without requiring a separate product purchase?
- It would seem that IDARS would be closely tied to ERP and CRM systems. How should ECM platforms integrate with them?
- Since the content stored within is static, is this an opportunity for ECM vendors to provide additional functionality where they de-duplicate from a disk space consumption perspective common text across documents which frequently occur in various statements?
Links to this post: