Friday, August 10, 2007

 

Thoughts on Outlook and Zimbra

One of the things that I would love to see the folks over at Microsoft and Zimbra address is how calendaring works in enterprises that have multiple locations.

At work, I was attempting to schedule a meeting with folks in another campus a couple of towns over. Of course there is drive-time on my part which forces me to have to put out of office indicators around it with no ability to say that these events are connected.

Likewise, since it is in the middle of the day, I want to encourage folks in this particular location to have the ability to put time on my calendar but discourage folks who are in my normal location from doing so. The wizard that finds the next available slot for attendees is not location aware and requires you to game your calendar in awkward ways.






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?