Thursday, July 12, 2007

 

Links for 2007-07-12



  • Top-Down vs. Bottom-Up
    Bex huff comments on CEO mandate versus workers-knows best. This is one of the few posts that I will certainly circulate to not only my peers but my boss and his boss

  • Gartner - 20 hour job by 2015
    Here is another blog entry that I will be circulating to my boss. Lately, the notion of work-life balance has become somewhat unbalanced

  • How to Improve Analyst Perception
    The notion that software vendors need training in how to communicate with industry analysts feels slightly bogus to me. Over the last couple of weeks, I have asked several analysts their private take on this notion and they didn't feel it has value. Likewise, I also asked many software vendors who as well didn't feel it was worth money. With analyst firms already asking six figures of software vendors with barely any result, piling on an equivalent amount seems wasteful. I would love to hear from software vendors who find value in this arena

  • What makes a Tier 1 analyst?
    Here is a blog that absolutely infuriates me. They suggested that RedMonk isn't a tier one firm and suggested that they have little direct or indirect views on buyers. Let me say for the record, nothing could be further from the truth. While it is difficult to measure the notion of influence within the blogosphere, I can positively say that many of my industry peers read the blogs of Michael Cote, Stephen O'Grady and James Governor religiously and they have more influence on our thinking than many of the large guys. Don't get it twisted







  • << Home
    | | View blog reactions


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?