Wednesday, July 04, 2007

 

Celebrating Ten Years...

Ten years ago, I committed myself to a lifetime of love, joy and happiness. Two kids later, I have come to realize that this is one of the most brilliant things I have ever done in my life. As I reflect on the term of what marriage means (a bond between a man and woman - not that distortion others are encouraging) I realize that I am off to a pretty good start.

Anyway, for those who haven't yet reached ten, I figured I would share five things that I have learned:

  • Just because you're right doesn't give you the right: Even when you know she's wrong, there are better ways and worse ways of encouraging her to see the truth.

  • Think before speaking: Before you open your pie hole and speak, think again. This is the only time where the phrase perception is reality actually matters

  • Roles are made to be broken: Have you participated in ceremonial exercises at work in the name of role-based access control aka RBAC and have come to conclude that it reminds you of Iraq in that you can keep sending troops but good luck in getting the job done. Its OK to do laundry even if you suck at some aspects such as ironing.

  • Forgiveness and trust are not the same thing: Trust is a hell of a lot harder and something that needs to be worked on daily. Forgiveness is easy.

  • Seek first to understand, then to be understood: Make sure you become an active listener. Likewise, pause until a commercial until you speak so that you get the attention you deserve.


  • Anyway, a bird just flew into the front door and is delusional. Maybe I need to either stop or increase the amount of bird food I put in the front yard. My son's love nature and bird watching. If you want to order high quality seeds, click here...








    << Home
    | | View blog reactions


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?