Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Outstanding Questions for Alfred Green

I was reading the blog of Alfred Green who does tons of podcasts, is technology savvy and is employed by a major auto manufacturer and felt I would take advantage of an opportunity to ask a question that has been in the back of my mind.



Since Alfred also has a role in designing of cars, I always wanted to know how come auto manufacturers when redesigning existing models tend to emphasize more leg room and not more important aspects. I guess after we pass say 20 years old, we tend to not get taller but we do tend to get wider.

How come auto engineers aren't paying attention to how fat Americans are getting? How come the width of seats in cars hasn't increased. In the 60's, it would have been difficult to find a man who weighted over 200lbs. Nowadays, I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to find women in corporate America over 200 :-)






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?