Sunday, June 03, 2007


Is IT Security important to Enterprise Architects?

Several weeks ago, I attended the Technology Managers Forum where I had an interesting discussion with several architects in other enterprises.

The conversation of course was focused on security but started off with a little bit of ego in that most folks think that if you are not working for either a bank or investment house, your security requirements are somehow second class. In this conversation, another architect who is employed by a health management organization suggested that security is important as he could leak to the world, that I have erectile dysfunction (I don't, used only for example purposes) which at some level says that the marketplace believes in strong security around medical information.

Not to be outdone, I suggested that security within my vertical is equally important and mentioned what if his wife learned that he was insuring an auto that she didn't know about...

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home
| | View blog reactions

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?