Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Is IT Security important to Enterprise Architects?

Several weeks ago, I attended the Technology Managers Forum where I had an interesting discussion with several architects in other enterprises.



The conversation of course was focused on security but started off with a little bit of ego in that most folks think that if you are not working for either a bank or investment house, your security requirements are somehow second class. In this conversation, another architect who is employed by a health management organization suggested that security is important as he could leak to the world, that I have erectile dysfunction (I don't, used only for example purposes) which at some level says that the marketplace believes in strong security around medical information.

Not to be outdone, I suggested that security within my vertical is equally important and mentioned what if his wife learned that he was insuring an auto that she didn't know about...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?