Friday, April 13, 2007

 

Why enterprise architects may be avoiding participating in a larger community...

Many folks know that outside of work I participate on a variety of standards bodies. Most recently I joined OpenID. Whenever an end-customer participates, the vendors who provide solutions in this space come out of the woodwork and always ping you offlist. In fact, I have noted this pattern on a variety of lists I participate including SOA, Secure Coding, Enterprise Architecture Tools and so on.

I can generally say that for vendors who practice this type of mining, they are probably doing themselves a disservice. If you annoy me before I am ready to discuss within a work context then you can say that getting off to a bad start is almost guaranteed. Understand that you only have one shot at making a first impression. Besides, many folks are more than capable of observing who has products in any given space...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?