Thursday, April 05, 2007

 

ECM Vendors and handcuffs on their brains

I have been researching ECM vendors for a project that my wife assigned to me and it absolutely amazes me that the architectures they sell are so 80's. If you were half awake in the last five years, you may have heard of something called service oriented architectures. Sadly, it seems like ECM vendors don't actually include services out of the box. I wonder if they got the message? Could anyone explain why ECM vendors are so far behind on industry practice? Are industry analysts such as Alan Pelz-Sharpe, Nick Patience, Leonor Ciarlone, Jared Rypkema or George Dearing noting the lack of such features? If so, how come they haven't passed this downstream to their clients?










<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?