Monday, March 19, 2007
Shared Perspectives on Industry Analysts...
- Many industry analyst firms comment that vendors aren't required to pay fees in order to give briefings. I am curious if any vendor has ever been in the Gartner magic quadrant in the leaders section that didn't pay fees? If so, what did they do successfully that others didn't?
- What is the typical compensation package for an industry analyst? Do folks that were enterprise architects in the past and have made the transition get a pay raise? pay cut? or breakeven?
- I have in my travels ran across only one industry analyst firm who is 100% compensated by end-customers and receives zero revenue from vendors themselves. Are there others?
- Is there a method for folks in corporate America to become part-time industry analysts? I would think that the first analyst firm that figures this one out would gain insight that others wouldn't
- Many folks have blogged regarding certification of enterprise architects, software developers, project managers and other roles. Is there merit in coming up with a credential that proves you are a certified industry analyst (CIA)?
Links to this post: