Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

How to use blogs to change the world...

When someone figures this out, please let me know...



Part of the rationale for blogging so frequently is in hopes of making the world a better place. While talking about topics such as enterprise architecture, open source and SOA, I also hope that folks may take notice of the charities listed on the left-hand side of my blog.

For the most part, I have succeeded in getting a small handful of individuals to consider alternative perspectives in which I hope will make the world a better place while avoiding negative unintended consequences but have no great way of measuring this.

Some folks use technorati as a proxy to measure popularity. I believe this works if your goal is in getting others to link to you, but otherwise fails as a way to measure those who read you. Topics such as enterprise architecture tend to be read by more folks whom have a keen interest in learning what enterprise folks think about. This may be to figure out how to better sell to them or even compete with them. Either way, folks tend to prefer to have one-way conversations where the importance of being syndicated is higher than the desire to have a dialog.

I have been asking myself that if according to statistics, my blog is very highly ranked and when combined with the fact that I tend to ask lots of questions of other folks, why aren't they doing the same?

I would like to propose an experiment where for the next seven days, if any blogger in the blogosphere has any question on any topic that I am knowledgable in and trackbacks to this blog entry, I will make sure that I turnaround the responses within 48 hours.

It is important to me to engage in a larger dialog and to not simply publish as my outlet for this are the books I write. I need your help as this is one facet that will help make my blog better. Will you assist me in becoming a better person?






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?