Friday, March 16, 2007
Enterprise Architecture and Career Expectations
Listed below are my short-term career expectations:
- I am blessed to work with lots of interesting people and I hope to work with even more in the future.
- Make a difference at work in terms of not only financial metrics related to EA but also the human aspects.
- To encourage enterprise architects in other shops to start noodling open source, not just as purchasers of support but to take the ultimate step and figure out how to contribute.
- Hopefully provide others with alternative ideas, suggestions and perspectives that will help others be successful not just as individuals but hopefully will become viral
- Figure out how to better achieve work/life balance which is becoming even more elusive
- Get folks within the blogosphere to become more charitable. We focus on work and technology stuff way too much and need to understand our problems are relatively minor when you consider poverty, war, political oppression, rape and the inability of others to worship our creator freely.
Still noodling my long-term career expectations and hope to share them once I figure them out...
Links to this post: