Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Six Questions to ask an Outsourcing Firms in India...
Here are questions to ask folks in India:
- What CMM Level is the Software Engineering Institute?
- Outsourcing is attractive not solely because of the phrase: "We work cheap" but also because of the banner of "We will conform" and "Anything you ask, we will do". If India no longer stays cheap, do you think that the other aspects still matter?
- Do Indian software developers have a choice in terms of embracing lighterweight agile approaches on their projects or are they forced to do everything waterfall?
- How come folks that are employed by large outsourcing firms don't blog? Will you be threatened by others for showing knowledge or lack of?
- Do you see staff turnover increasing? Does the quality of work folks send to you have an effect on this metric?
- What are some of the stupid things customers continually outsource that they shouldn't?
NOTE: I suspect that most will exercise their right to remain silent or respond anonymously...
Links to this post: