Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Modern Enterprise Application Architecture
- Is Smalltalk still relevant for developing enterprise applications?
- Are you aware of anyone extending Smalltalk to support OpenID?
- Which enterprise application vendors are currently working on strategies to incorporate XACML PEP into their products?
- Should I embrace Ruby on Rails or prefer to realize the same level of efficiencies by using BPM and Business Rules Engines?
- How can one convince others within my industry vertical that deployment of digital certificates should be eschewed and the move towards SAML makes more sense?
- How do products such as LogLogic used within other Fortune enterprises?
- Which database vendors have the best strategy for incorporating additional features to support protection against personally identifiable information from leaking?
- Should enterprises consider products such as Zimbra, MySQL and Intalio if they don't meet all ten principles of open source as defined at opensource.org?
- Which Fortune enterprise has the most mature thinking on EA rationalization?
- Are open source vendors at a disadvantage if industry analyst rankings include revenue derived from product licensing?
- Which ECM vendor (e.g. Documentum, Alfresco, OpenText, Oracle, etc) has the most security features?
- Which analyst firms have the deepest coverage of the following open source projects:
I suspect that others will have their own opinions on these questions...
Links to this post: