Monday, January 01, 2007
Lawyers: Linden Labs is hiring!
Linden Lab seeks an experienced attorney to lead a broad range of matters regarding the world's fastest growing virtual world, Second Life. Along with all the typical issues involved in a rapidly growing private company, the role involves complex thinking about cutting-edge issues associated with a disruptive form of online communication. This job cannot be done without a deep understanding of the product and customer base. You must be able to handle everything from the mundane to the extraordinary, with a sense of fun and purpose. Job will be titled based on past experience.
- Review and draft standard business contracts.
- Maintain and evolve terms of service and related policies and practices.
- Advise product development and customer support on both day-to-day and strategic issues.
- Create and monitor internal policies and practices in cooperation with finance.
- Handle first instances of all company legal issues.
- Manage work with outside law firms.
- Grow legal team as needed.
- Passion for online communication in all forms - social networking, blogs, wikis, virtual worlds.
- At least 8+ years in legal practice. Prior in-house counsel experience required, no exceptions.
- Working knowledge of broad range of private company issues.
- Extensive knowledge of intellectual property issues, particularly as they relate to proprietary software, open source software, and communications service providers.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative nature. Must understand people equally well as legal issues.
- Uncanny ability to distill complex legal issues into tactical action.
- Near-genius level intelligence and saintly disposition would be helpful . . .
- . . . sense of humor absolutely required.
Links to this post: