Monday, January 29, 2007
Industry Vertical Standards and the Semantic Web
His thesis is how to use XML and apply meta-data to gain insight and increase both human and machine understanding of the data so that better decisions are made. He will probably avoid the below, but I hope he doesn't:
- How incremental should a standards body be in terms of semantic approaches? When do incremental approaches result in the wrong decisions?
- Semantic is a paradigm shift which usually requires starting from scratch to come up with an ideal approach. When should existing standards be scrapped?
- Whom within this vertical, do you think will be the first to implement a solution based on semantic approaches once standards emerge?
- What can vendors such as IBM, Oracle, BEA, Sun and Microsoft do to help encourage semantic approaches within industy vertical standards bodies?
- Celent Research will probably provide some industry analysis, but do you think that this topic is also worthy of research by Gartner, Forrester and The Burton Group?
Links to this post: