Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

Documentum Best Practices

I ran across this posting outlining best practices for Documentum. Let me say that best practices are for followers and that I am interested in next practices. I am not a follower, I am a leader...



How can it possibly be a best practice to create yet another place within the enterprise to store identities? Would'nt it be a best practice to externalize them and have Documentum point to an external identity store to perform authentication? Wouldn't group structures also be a best practice to externalize? Are group structures best practices for authorization? I think not.

The real issue is that folks in the ECM space tend to be the most clueless when it comes to security best practices and continue to keep their heads in the sand. The conversation should never be about ECM vs Security but about how they can work together to accomplish mutual goals.

Maybe someone from Documentum in the blogosphere can share best practices on externalizing identity, consuming OpenID and SAML, externalizing authorization and so on...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?