Friday, October 27, 2006

 

How should Enterprise Architects invest their money?

Enterprise Architects on a daily basis tend to talk in terms of IT portfolio management but never seem to get their own priorities straight when it comes to investing in the stock market. This week, the stock market has reached new highs and I figured I would share what I am investing in...



Below are the top five holdings in my investment account:


Anyway, I have also added medium sized positions recently in Toyota (TM) and Cognizant (CTSH). The interesting stereotypical thing that I have recently noticed is that lots of folks of indian descent tend to drive Toyota's. If American enterprises keep up the pace of outsourcing then Toyota will benefit on multiple fronts.

I added Cognizant to my portfolio because they are the most ethical (if there is such a thing) of all of the outsourcing firms. They were the first to get the principles of the Agile Manifesto, they tend to get hire billing rates than their competitors at Wipro, Infosys, TCS and so on. Cognizant when they outsource since they are US Based also have a re-badging practice for employees who are displaced that is non-existent in other firms. I also suspect that Cognizant is most in-line with the spirit of EEOC laws well beyond their competitors which should result in superior growth opportunities.

Next week I will share how I invest for retirement...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?