Sunday, October 22, 2006
Certified Outsourcing Professionals
It seems as if Filippo Passerini, who is the CIO of Procter & Gamble is the ringleader of this undertaking. I wonder if his bosses perception of outsourcing would change if the blogosphere started a campaign to stop buying their products? I wonder if Warren Buffett who is probably one of their biggest shareholders even knows?
Anyway, in order to achieve the James McGovern Institute for Keeping Jobs in America certification, all you have to do is positively provide the correct answers to the following questions:
- Do you have experience at outsourcing and have realized that it doesn't provide the cost savings expected and desire to bring work back in-house?
- Have you recently called up your favorite industry analyst seeking guidance on best practices for insourcing but didn't get any useful insight as you have realized that they have sold any remaining integrity to the highest bidders in India?
- Have you realized that outsourcing is a crutch to bad enterprise architecture in that if you took non-competitive advantage systems and open sourced them instead of outsourced them you could save lots of money?
- Have you attempted Extreme Programming, SCRUM or other agile methods and have realized that many of the founding members of the agile alliance have sold their own souls resulting in sub-optimal uptake of better ways to develop working software?
- Do you not only read the number one blog on the Internet on a daily basis but also encourage others to do the same
- Understand the differences between management and leadership