Monday, September 11, 2006

 

web 2.0 and the medical profession

Have you ever listened to the radio late at night?



There was a doctor on a program who was talking about the trend of American's in seeking out doctors more like them. For example, if you are interested in finding a lesbian doctor or jewish doctor there are sites that cater to this demographic.

Having recently learned that my own doctor is moving to Atlanta and that I would have to choose amongst the others within the practice made me think about what I would like in a doctor. I have concluded that my next doctor will have to be a one-armed Puerto Rican who likes to cross-dress who also uses metal detectors to find unicorns in his sock drawer. His favorite color should be Mauve and he should also like to wear Cordouroy on the weekends.

This does seem like an opportunity for those web 2.0 types to build better doctor finder sites...







<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?