Saturday, September 09, 2006
Imagine if IT Management ran universities...
If today's IT management ran universities, the following would happen:
- Students would not be punished for plaigarism, in fact it would be encouraged especially if it came from industry analyst firms
- Professors wouldn't expect students to write thesis but instead distill down their ideas into a couple of paragraphs
- Computer Science majors would actually not bother with learning technology but instead spend time aligning with the business majors.
- Computer Science majors would outsource all software development to India. After all, who needs to know how to program?
- Computer Science majors would not even need to know UML. All architectures would be presented in Powerpoint with no more than six bullets on each slide
- At the end of the semester, you wouldn't actually receive a grade but a copy of a computer science competency model with all of the areas you so called need to improve in
- The student that didn't bother to do homework and instead worked on influencing all their instructors would be promoted to head of class
Links to this post: