Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Folks I have met in my travels...
Over the long weekend, I started to think about things I did that were pivotal in terms of my career and life. Of course, course changes occur based on the interactions with others. I figured I would ask folks in the blogosphere if they have ran across these folks:
- Michael Hafford: He was my boss at Cigna in the 80s when I started as a work experience student in IT while in high school
- Kevin Allard: He was my boss at Conning & Company in the 80s. He was an accountant by background yet understanding of IT seemed to click for him. I remember seeing an article a long time ago in one of the trade magazines on him, but I know he would be a mover and shaker.
- Carl Bell: We worked together temporarily at Command Systems and was in many ways what I aspire to become. He was a professor at a local college after hours. I know in the past he worked for Arthur Andersen, KPMG and Reed Elsevier.
- Jeff Scherer: He was employed by McKinsey when we first crossed paths. I knew he lived somewhere in NYC and left the firm in/around 2000. He had an enterprenual feel and I always suspected he would be CEO of some significant software company
- Jacinta King-Lall: I ran across her at the Embassy of Japan. I know she is no longer there. Curious what she is up to.
- Ralph & Anita: I don't remember their last names but they lived in Toronto and worked for a startup building a product named OmniBuilder. This product rocked and they were both not only smart but incredibly nice.
Links to this post: