Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Spamming for Charity...

Many bloggers in the blogosphere refuse to turn on trackback and use the excuse of blog spam. I think I have figured out how to use spam for the better good of society...



Let's get several disclaimers out of the way. I tend to smash otherwise unrelated thoughts together in terms of idea formation and see if it sticks. For folks that think I am a big fat idiot, please bear with me for a moment.

Noted Enterprise Architect and Blogger Scott Mark awhile back dropped me a note regarding charities in general and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in particular and something that I should consider putting on my favorites list. Being that I am a sucker for any charity that benefits children I would oblige this request.

In the past I have also noted that there is a difference between charity and something that is obligatory. For example, if Catholic folks donate to Catholic organizations, this is not charity but is something that is obligatory. Charity is something in which your friends and family do not benefit and all the charities on my blogroll meet this criteria.

I was also reading Dave Taylor blog where he commented on blog spam. You will note that he has no trackback capability in his blog and only has an interest in controlling the conversation. For the most part blog spam has been used for marketing purposes for things that God wouldn't be too happy for us folks to partake in. I asked myself what if it could be used for good?

Upon visiting Technorati I noticed that they provide rankings for blogs on a variety of topics. I was happy to note my blog had a rank of 10K in terms of popularity and thought to myself how can I not only increase it but also do so in a noble way.

Being one of the few bloggers in the blogosphere that will put my money where my mouth is, I decided to create the notion of spam for charity and need the assistance of others. For every distinct blogger that does the following by Thursday August 3rd at 9:00 am Eastern, I will contribute $1 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation:


Thoughts?







<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?