Friday, August 04, 2006

 

The credibility of industry analyst research...

I think I now understand the pain that many industry analysts feel in dealing with large enterprises...



Several folks from large enterprises sent me questions to include in the next round of surveys. Of course, they all 100% wanted me to not mention their names. This puts me into a situation in which folks will get it twisted and think it is all about me simply because it is referenced in my blog. I do hope that if this situation arises that they will at least provide some cover.

Anyway, here is the link to the new survey. After it is completed, the results are immediately displayed. I would be interested to see the results and hope others can provide analysis on the raw data it provides. There are some questions that may uncover insight for folks who read my blog such as Chris Petrilli, James Robertson, Ron Jeffries, Martin Fowler, Jon Udell, Alan Pelz-Sharpe and David Heinemeier Hansson.

Hopefully, they can benefit by talking the original survey and seeing the results after completion. I suspect that most industry analysts will avoid mention of this approach since it treads heavily into their territory. Maybe one or two of them though could provide insight into better techniques for gathering such information.

Another blog reader asked me to post questions on Linux and Solaris in which I learned alot. I wonder if analysts could do something along these lines to provide amplification?






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?