Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Stop these architects!

Loek Bakker has an interesting post entitled: Stop these architects! that folks should noodle...



I wonder what folks such as James Governor, Scott Mark, Chris Petrilli and James Robertson have to say about how enterprises are distorting the real meaning of architecture?

One of the behaviors that I find troubling is a trend where IT executives are starting to believe that architects don't need to be technical (beyond knowing the vocabulary). Does your enterprise hire architects who have never written a single line of code in their lifetime? Do you think this is right?

If someone were silly enough to hire me as a horse jockey (I am a very big guy) and were to pay me a lot of money, should folks attack me for accepting it or should they bash the flaming idiot that was stupid enough to hire me in the first place?

Maybe we could get industry analysts to start helping with this particular aspect? They have been sitting on the sidelines for way too long. I wonder what would happen if say Brenda Michelson stopped talking about business architecture and why the enterprise sorely needs it and instead developed a litmus test on how to detect when you meet a real one vs. a faker.

Anyway, we all understand the problem, how about noodling out some solutions...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?