Monday, June 05, 2006
Enterprise Architecture and Modern Portfolio Theory: Part Two
Listed below are the top five holdings in my investment portfolio:
- Sara Lee: Top Ten diversified food products company. Their products have more brand recognition than any of their competitors. Combine this with the simple fact that folks all over the planet are getting fatter and fatter every single day by consuming too much food, much of which is made by Sara Lee.
- Starbucks: The ability to get folks to pay $4 for a cup of coffee when they can pay less than a buck at the gas station amazes me. I rarely drink coffee. The funny thing is that our estate in Trinidad grows high end coffee beans yet all of the popular consumer branded coffee that American's drink tends to be of the lowest grade and from Vietnam where they use interesting things for fertilizer. If american's love it, then I will continue to hold this stock.
- ADRE: This is an exchange traded fund. It provides some international exposure of which I actually believe I need more. George Bush is a big fat idiot who will further guarantee the decline of the dollar against other currencies. The democrats who will be elected in the fall will further help erode its value. By investing internationally, it will provide portfolio amplification.
- Home Depot: Simply, American's have abandoned God and he will bring the wrath to those who do not praise him. God will grow increasingly frustrated with us from attempting to remove him from our daily lifes. He will bring down his wrath where laws contrary to his will exist and are promoted such as drinking, gambling, civil unions. He will continue to strike the likes of New Orleans, Florida and continue to destroy these places. Of course, the folks who sin will be determined to rebuild and will buy lots of building supply stuff from Home Depot. The folks who realize the error in their ways will also build houses of worship (i.e. churches, masjid, temples, etc) and will also need lots of building supplies.
- Microsoft: I believe in open source yet I also believe in Microsoft due to their ability to bring innovation to the marketplace. Only if Sun, BEA, Oracle and CA could do the same.
I will be posting the retirement side of my portfolio shortly as I will be rebalancing throughout the week. Got shaken out of my number one position last week and hope to get back in. I am heavily invested in Brazil and have recently put in short positions on several Indian outsourcing firms whom through the grapevine will be losing several major contracts this week...
Links to this post: