Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Seeking advice from other EA bloggers?

Last week, at work several folks made interesting comments to me in passing about blogging which I would have otherwise ignored but figured there was an opportunity to learn other perspectives...



For the record, I never blog at work nor about work unless I specifically state so. Some folks will get it twisted and read into what I am saying instead of simply reading what I said.

One perspective that was shared that made me laugh is that the rationale for my blogging is so that I can send secret messages to others. For other EA bloggers out there, do your co-workers think that is the reason you blog? How do you manage this particular aspect?

Usually when I blog, it is early in the morning and I am sitting in my basement in my underwear. The thought of me thinking of any of my peers simply doesn't enter my mind. I really hope that they also aren't thinking about me whenever they are in the same setting.



Knowledge Crisis and I have the privelege of working together and have pretty open dialogs not only at work but in the blogosphere. I would like to think of myself as being pretty transparent with very little to hide. I have been known to share thoughts publicly even when they go against the grain of the community yet folks still sometimes think that I have some alternative agenda.

JT has told me on several occasions that I have the uncanny ability to torque a room full of people without expressing an intent to do so. Sometimes directness and cutting to the chase has this effect. Maybe I am guilty of not being "sensitive" to others thoughts.

I would love to hear from others that don't know me personally but have read my blog for an extended period of time, what they have "read into" my thoughts on any of the following areas:


Any insights on the above or anything else that comes to mind you can provide to me on myself are greatly appreciated...






<< Home
| | View blog reactions


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?