Sunday, January 01, 2006
Outstanding questions on VoIP
Anyway, here are my questions / thoughts:
- Who currently has the largest VoIP driven call center where VoIP is used to the phone itself (not just trunking)?
- What open source VoIP software currently exists that is capable of recording the streams of say 200 concurrent calls in a call center scenario?
- Does anyone know of any open source codecs that can read otherwise proprietary call-center recording software streams?
- I would be interested in setting up a free service similar to freeconference.com to establish a VoIP based conference calling service and would like to know if there is any open source software that supports this?
- Many traditional carriers are bringing VoIP presence directly to large enterprises but have no ability to route this VoIP traffic over the same data lines that are multihomed to other carrier data networks. Curious if anyone at Skype has thought about bringing their service out of the consumer space and using it to solve business problems?
Figured that if someone takes the time out to answer my questions in painful detail, I should somehow compensate them. Was thinking that I could do one of two things. First, I could send them a copy of the upcoming book: Enterprise Service Oriented Architectures. Likewise, I could also make a small contribution to a charity such as: Enough is Enough or any other mutually agreeable charity in their name...
Links to this post: